Friday 26 March 2010

Friday - Lamma Island


Em and I had a relaxing evening in last night and i had spent the best part of yesterday doing necessaries as the weather was cooler and there was a chance of rain although as it turned out we didn't get any.
Today it was beautiful so i went to Lamma Island, I caught the 11.00 ferry for the 20 minute trip to Yung Shue Wan and started exploring from there. A beautiful place, I spent some time wandering around the Immediate harbour area and then set off on the 20 minute walk to the beach at Hung Shing Ye. I must say that the beaches here are spotless, and the "Hakka" women in their trademark hats work very hard to keep them that way. There's no smoking on the beaches although in the terraces of the bars and cafe's it's ok. I spent a good few hours here before heading back toward the port and harbour where i sat and enjoyed a proper pint of draught "Tsing Tao" (My favourite Chinese lager). I've only ever had it in bottled form before so this was a real treat and a chance to sort out my camera stuff. After finishing my beer and taking a few more shots I headed back to the terminal and got a relaxing cruise back, and headed off to the IFC to meet em after she finished work. We went home, stayed in and are going to get another early night as we are both off to Stanley on the south coast of Hong Kong Island tomorrow. Incidentally, there was something very funny happened when i decided to film the beach for everyone to get an idea of what it was like and i got it on camera and will be putting it up here soon. A proper comedy moment.!!

By the way, i hope you're all enjoying the pics and vids.

Pics Here

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to seeing the vid .... this is brill

    ReplyDelete